In-Person: 232 Reimer Ave, Steinbach, MB.
Shag To Chic is a bustling Dog Grooming Salon and Boutique. We have won awards for best Dog Grooming Salon in Southeastern Manitoba 7 years in a row and are looking for a part-time/full-time stylist to join the team at our progressive Salon. We are an integrative Salon that also focuses on the health and wellness of not only the dogs, but owners as well. We offer many products in our Boutique (such as our lines of CBD oil, UnderCARRIAGE products etc.) geared towards personal relaxation and care. In our 1800+ sq./ft. salon, we offer both personalized and team supported Dog Spa services. Services range greatly from basic bath, blow-out, a-la-carte services (nail trim/face trim etc.), utilitarian styles all the way to full show trims. We are seeking an experienced, passionate full-time Stylist wanting to join an established, driven, progressive Salon. As an experienced stylist, your duties and responsibilities will involve providing exceptional styling to all dogs, achieving pristine cleanliness with skilled bathing, accepting and giving direction/critique in a constructive and supportive manner, desire and ability to work in a zero-tolerance environment, teamwork driven focus, delivering exceptional customer services, ensuring safety of staff, pets and clients, and driving towards positive business outcomes in all tasks and encounters. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of first-hand grooming experiences (or equivalent) with very high standards and ability in Dog Grooming and all related services with verifiable leadership experiences in the pet grooming industry. Loving animals is a necessity, respecting ALL clients and teammates in the salon is mandatory and a desire to grow your craft is essential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform assessment on all pets.
• Explain and discuss with clients about the recommended services, build trust with the pet parents with profound pet health knowledge and grooming experience.
• Possess exceptional client engagement skills in-person, over text/social media and on the phone.
• Display proficient skill in dog bathing – including pristine cleanliness and appropriate handling.
• Be able to perform custom tailored grooming services on all breeds of dogs based on clients’ specifications, and ensure the service outcomes meet clients’ personal preferences and needs.
• Possessing appropriate animal handling skills is a must. This includes handling dogs that may suffer from anxiety, aggression, fear etc. with safety and care for both your fellow teammates and pet as well.
• Perform all grooms with ease and confidence from utilitarian shave down’s, superior de-sheds all the way to full “show styles”.
• Assist in training new stylists and hold them to high satisfactory service standard.
• Provide supportive teamwork while working together on difficult cases.
• Possess superior timing, organizational and task execution skills
• Handle clients’ questions and address their concerns in a solution-oriented way. Resolve work-related problems while maintaining professionalism and a positive mindset
• Work with owner on advertising and marketing strategies.
• At least 2 years full-time pet grooming experience.
• Pet Grooming certificate preferred. Online certificates not considered.
• At least 2 years verifiable experiences in pet related and customer service business.
• Strong customer services and interpersonal skills in-person, over text/social media and over the phone.
• Equal strength in both independent and teamwork tasks
• Ability to retain product knowledge and be proficient in communicating all knowledge to clients.
• Exceptional breed and trim knowledge without guided assistance is an asset.
• Willing to work on weekends in a stylist rotation.
• Love animals. Respect each other. Growth mindset essential.
• English is our working language. Multilingual skills are an asset.
Thank you to all that apply, only those considered for the position will be contacted.